Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St Patrick's Day

Liam's first St Patrick's Day was an unseasonably warm and beautiful day. We dressed him up in his adorable first St. Patty's day gear. He has a kelly green onesie from Terry's Aunt Eileen. He has a green wool hat and sweater knitted for him by our friend Lynn Gazley. He's also got these incredible little socks that look like shoes from my Aunt Susie, so we busted out his kelly green sock-shoes to complete the outfit.





It was so unseasonably warm that as soon as I walked out the back door I had to turn around and make some modifications. I changed out of my kelly green t-shirt in favor of a tank top. I ditched the hefty boots for flip-flops. And Liam had to take his cute little knit hat and sweater (but of course, they'll be back because this is Chicago and the cold weather hasn't left us yet). So out we went for a little dose of Vitamin D (sunshine) and time down by the lake. We walked around for almost two hours and it was GLORIOUS. We ended the afternoon with Liam and I laying in the grass of the courtyard at our condo while I ate strawberries. Yes, it was incredible.




6 comments:

Berit and James said...

He is a charmer, that's for sure! I love the picture of him sitting up alone in the couch.

Celebratin' in style, Liam!

sb said...

erin, he's so sweet!! i'm glad you got to enjoy some sunshine :) congrats on reaching his due date. i have learned a lot reading your blog, thank you for sharing your experiences.

Erin said...

Thanks for the comments guys! By the way, SB your identity is a bit of a mystery...who are you?

sb said...

hey it's me SB. i am sara baum ... from the hipmamas thingamajiggy, and we emailed about doulas :)

Kari said...

So happy to see Liam decked out in his green gear! Why don't they make shoe socks for grown folks?

Erin said...

Sara: I totally remember you. I just couldnt put two and two together to connect to your initials.

Kari: sadly I think not. But they do make adorable little baby janes socks for baby girls as well. sigh. Despite myself I'm getting a tiny bit sucked into the "cutesy baby stuff"