Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby's First Pickle

As a young teenager I remember my cousin Delaney's first Thanksgiving. I remember it so well because in front of the entire gathered family, they gave baby Delaney a pickle, and she made the most dramatic, hysterical face. Maybe it is a bit sadistic of me, but I've been looking forward to giving Liam his first pickle at the holidays in front of my family in the grand family tradition. He has such expressive faces, I was sure his reaction would be a riot.

But actually, what is most remarkable about his reaction is how non-plussed he seems to be. In fact, I stopped recording after a while because it was just a baby eating a pickle. And after the end of this record, he goes on to snarf most of a pickle, even picking up and preferring the pickle pieces to his favorite: blueberries. Really? a baby who prefers a pickle over fruit? What worldly little taste buds :)




Update: Liam is STILL a pickle monster. Pickles are his new favorite food. At lunch most days he gets one third to one half of a Vlassic dill pickle cut up into cubes. If I'm lucky I can sneak some of his "real" lunch into his open maw while he's busy shoveling pickle cubes in as fast as his chubby fingers will allow.

1 comment:

~Saryfairy~ said...

Um... have I mentioned that I love this kid? He's definitely aces in my book, now that I know we have pickle-loving in common.

: )