Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Exersaucer (Video)

Terry's colleague and friend Elizabeth was kind enough to offer us her Exersaucer, which her kids were now too old to use. An Exersaucer seems to be a sort of gold standard toy that, as a parent, you hear about everywhere. We didn't get one before we moved because they are sort of big (as you'll see) and moving it from Chicago just seemed silly.

The one Liam inherited has a circus theme with lots of bells and whistles and fun things to chew on. He loves rocking out in it. And by rocking, I mean that literally. The Exersaucer is intentionally designed to rock a bit to help babies practice balance while standing.

He coos like crazy in this video, and you'll also hear me try to coo back at him. The whole exchange sounds like some crazy foreigner trying to mimic an intricate tonal tribal language...or beluga whales communicating.


2 comments:

breezymcd said...

The high level of cuteness in that video just made my brain explode!

Aunt Lori said...

I can not believe how cute and big he is. I am so sorry you moved away so far. I won't see my Great Nephew for over a year. Makes me so sad :-(...but I sure understand why you moved. Love you all.