Monday, May 25, 2009

Unpleasant Napping Development

This is the month where, according to the Sleep Lady system we are following, you really start digging in and trying to actively encourage your kiddo to sleep. Doing decently on the nighttime stuff.

But in the last two or three days the kid has developed this weird quirk when napping in the day: he only sleeps for 46 minutes and then BING! eyes fly wide open. The only way I've been able to get him to sleep for longer is if I put him in the sling. Boo. This is a bad development as kiddos his age are supposed to get 5 hours of daytime sleep spread over three naps, which works out to 6 or 7 of these little 45 minute deals, which means I spend all my waking hours trying to get him back to sleep, making sure he still eats every 3 hours, and the math of all that equals a great big run-around.

Any advice out there? Anyone else's kid suddenly develop an internal alarm timer that went off every 45 minutes?

No comments: