One of his favorite toys is a small block with a rattle inside that is surrounded by soft plastic loops. The loops are perfect for grabbing and for chewing on, and the colors and rattle sound keeps things interesting. This was a gift from the Carswell clan, who really know their stuff.
We've also been experimenting with introducing some toys that have cute soft stuffed animal heads, and small little blankets for bodies. They are easy for him to grasp and hold. Which is great because grasping and holding seem to be his new favorite pass time.
Why hello there black thing that goes "click." I recognize you.
Hmmm, this lion is sort of soft and cuddly.
Ahh, but is it tasty?
Daddy makes a very comfy play mat.
Interesting colorful loops. Very exciting.
2 comments:
Where did you get the colorful rings from? It's hard not to be selective/picky when getting toys. That teacher in me comes out and I am always in search of the most educational/learning orientated toys, books, etc.
Erinn, I'm not sure where it is from. It was a gift from a friend's family. But I already emailed them to ask what it is called or where it is from because I want to give one to a friend of mine who is having a baby soon. So I'll be sure to pass it on. I was definitely impressed with how it encouraged two handed play, and the teething/chewing feature is a plus too! As a teacher, if you find other toys that meet your standards, please do let us know, as we are also always searching for good ones.
Post a Comment