And really for the most part that is completely true.
But just in case you were wondering, sometimes he gets tired and overstimulated and fed up and well, cries like a baby. We took him to the Tennessee State Fair. I thought maybe he would be old enough to be interested in seeing some of the animals. We walked around with him for a while. The thing he seemed to like best were the colorful quilts. While walking through the quilt exhibition we accidentally wandered through a tiny tykes beauty show, where toddlers barely older than Liam toddled across the stage in tutus and tiaras. It walked that fine line between cute and creepy. And Liam really worked the room, winking at all the ladies.
He was pretty indifferent to the animals. But by that time he was probably getting a little tired. After the animal barns we stopped to get some super greasy traditional fair food. I got a corn dog and a lemonade. For the first time, Liam was emphatic and insistent about wanting to drink from the same cup I was. I let him chew on the straw and he seemed super excited about that. As Terry put him back in the carrier and walked him out of the fairgrounds, Liam would from time to time lean dramatically in my direction to grab the straw to put it in his mouth.
I was disappointed I had forgotten the camera in the car, because I wanted a picture of the baby at the fair. As we got to the parking lot I grabbed the camera and the baby just lost it. I snapped a quick picture (in the larger picture there are some cars and a peek at carnival rides in the background), and then we put him in the carseat.
| In cute little overalls in honor of the State Fair, this baby has finally had too much. |
| Approximately 35 seconds later. Sleeping like a log. |
If you are traumatized by that crying picture, go ahead and treat yourself to a little Gratuitous Baby Laughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment