My parents kindly picked up the baby's room furniture that we had bought in Racine over the holidays and drove it down to us yesterday. After much heaving and lifting on the part of Terry and Dan (my step-dad) the big pieces all made it up all three flights. Terry and I had only finished clearing out space and boxing stuff up that morning, so the living room is now stacked high with rubbermaid tubs and boxes of books that once lived where the baby will be.
Terry and Dan put the crib together and we got everything into place. After they left we started putting up some of the little touches. I put some of the baby's stuffed animals into his crib as little placeholders of childhood until he arrives (yes yes, I know they are supposed to come out when the baby gets in). We tied up the adorable elephants decoration, monkey blanket, and giraffe height chart that we bought from a women's cooperative in Ghana even before I was pregnant, and it gives the room a totally cheery wonderful feeling. I put his little clothes away in the dresser and laid out on top the beautiful layette gown that we will bring him home from the hospital in. And it just felt amazing. i LOVE being in that room now. Before bed I found myself hanging out in the doorway just looking in and taking it all in. Now as I write I am sitting in the new gliding rocker that we bought for nursing.
Each big step that we check off the list to get ready for him makes me feel more and more at ease.
Pictures of the baby's room soon I'm sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment