Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our hairy little baby

Just the other day somehow Gabrielle Ferrales and I wound up in a conversation about what the new baby's hair would be like, whether there even would be any. I realized that I have always just assumed that the baby would come out hairy. I am part Armenian, which means most of my Armenian uncles look like the missing link. I came out with a full head of black hair when I was born. Terry is a hairy little monkey himself. So somehow I just always assumed that our child would be hairy at birth too.

And now it turns out research is backing up my instincts...but for entirely different reasons.

We were reading this month's issue of Parents magazine (a Christmas gift from my mom) and came across a story reporting on a recent research study. It turns out that women who experience moderate to severe heartburn during pregnancy are 80% more likely to have a hairy baby at birth.

So between our genes and my dependence on Tums, I'd wager this kid will have some hair on him!

No comments: