We'll post more details and photos and the birth story sometime soon I'm sure.
But Liam Davis McDonnell was born at 4:07 AM on Friday January 30th. He was 33 weeks and 6 days of gestation when he was born, so his birth was attended by two neonatal intensive care units. He was 18 inches long and 5 lb 3 oz at birth. His APGAR scores were outstanding: he was 8/10 at 1 minute after birth, and 9/10 at 5 minutes after birth. They say that a 9/10 is the best APGAR score they ever give, so he got scores on par with most full term babies. They are monitoring his breathing to be sure he's doing okay, but so far he is a little trooper doing very very well. We are so so thrilled and in love (with him, with each other, with the world)
1 comment:
Holy crap! Congratulations!! I didn't check your blog yesterday and come to find out that today' you're parents to a baby OUTSIDE your body.
I'm so glad everything is going well....WHEW!!!!
Hugs to both of the boys and to you, mommy extraordinaire!
Post a Comment